Facebook Ads, also known as Meta Ads, is a popular advertising platform that lets companies and individuals market their products and services to a vast number of internet users.
Facebook charges advertising fees which you can pay from Facebook Ads Account through various payment modes such as credit or debit card, Netbanking, Paytm Wallet, Facebook Ad coupon.
As a result, when you run an Ad campaign on Facebook, the payment gets automatically deducted from Facebook Ads account.
So, as per Indian Taxation rules, the liability to deduct TDS and submit it through TDS Return Filing comes on you and your pocket.
You can get the TDS paid for Ads as a TDS Refund in your Ad Account. The process to claim TDS Refund for Facebook ads is as follows:
Process to Claim TDS Refund for Facebook Ads
- Deposit TDS u/s 194C and Do TDS Return Filing mapping with Facebook’s PAN Number
- Generate Form 16A from Traces Portal
- Visit the link: TDS Refund for Facebook Ads and submit details such as your
- Ad Account Id,
- PAN Number,
- TAN Number.
- Upload the Form 16A and select the Transaction Date.
- Click on Send Button.
Facebook may take up to two months to approve and complete the refund. Once the refund has been completed, you will get an email.
Is TDS required to be deducted on Facebook Ads Payment?
Yes, As per the provision of section 194C of the income Tax Act, 1961 every person making aggregate payment of INR 1,00,000 in a financial year or single transaction of INR 30,000 then required to deduct and deposit TDS at the rate of 2% of Google Invoice amount.
Note:- TDS is not required to be deducted on the GST amount.
Essentials to know about TDS Refund for Facebook Ads
- The refund will be in the form of a Facebook ad credit, which will be issued to your ad account instantaneously.
- When you are charged for your advertisements, GST and TDS are applied together. If you are an advertiser who lives in a Special Economic Zone (SEZ), you may be eligible for GST exemption. Know more about it at: GST Return Filing for SEZ units.
- For the preceding fiscal year, all certificates must be submitted by October 31. Certificates for the period 1 April 2018-31 March 2019, for example, must be received by 31 October 2019. Any certificates received after this date will be rejected.
- If you want to claim TDS, you must first enter your GSTIN that you got through GST Registration or PAN to your account. If you have several ad accounts, you must provide your GSTIN or PAN to each Ad account.
To summarise, getting a TDS refund for Facebook Ads is a simple process that can be accomplished online. If you need further assistance, feel free to contact our experts at: 8881-069-069 or visit the official facebook site at: About Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) Refunds for India | Meta Business Help Center
Moreover, If you want any other guidance concerning TDS Return Filing, please feel free to talk to our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the freshest updates narrating to your business.