Your company’s brand may be solidified by learning how to trademark your logo. It is advisable to trademark your logo as soon as possible in order to safeguard your intellectual property. In order to avoid potentially dangerous circumstances, familiarize yourself with the procedure of logo design and international trademark registration.
What is Logo Design?
It is your logo design that identifies your firm in its simplest form utilizing a logo mark, typographic solution or mix of the two.
Logos are basic visual representations of your business in its purest form.
Your company’s logo is essential since it conveys a sense of pride in the company, its quality, and its core values. Everything from your business cards and website to social media and even your products bear the impression of your brand through Logo Designing.
What is a Trademark?
Protecting intellectual property through the use of a trademark is essential. Trademarks can be used to protect a company’s name, title, logo, or symbol. It is critical to protect your company’s logo because it has taken so much effort and money to design. Besides, it is important to protect logo design through trademark registration as it will stop other businesses from misusing or copying your brand identity.
What is Trademark Registration? Can you have Trademark Registration Online?
Trademarks that have been registered with the Intellectual Property Departments are known as Registered trademarks. The process of obtaining a Trademark Registration Certificate is known as Trademark Registration Process. The registration certificate serves as evidence of trademark ownership after it has been obtained. This makes it easier to enforce and prevent infringement by relying only on the registration as proof of one’s trademark rights. Yes, you can have Trademark Registration online in India.
Process to Register logo design & trademark registration around whole world
Consider trademarking your logo once you’ve come up with a distinct design. In order to trademark a logo around the whole world, the following procedures of International Trademark Registration are usually followed.
- Conduct a Trademark search in different countries’ intellectual databases to find whether your logo is unique or not.
- After completing the trademark search file an application to the concerned jurisdictions.
- Filling out our online forms and paying fees for trademark registration in several jurisdictions is part of the process. As a general rule, you will be asked to provide information about yourself, your business, and what you’re selling in order to complete this application process.
- There is no substitute for the knowledge and training that a trademark attorney can provide when it comes to accurately and thoroughly describing your goods and services, as well as keeping an eye out for frequent legal difficulties that may develop throughout the application process. Hence, it’s also important to consult trademark registration experts.
- Lastly, obtain the soft copy of the Trademark Registration Certificate. The trademark registration certificate that you obtain once your application has been granted will allow you to begin identifying your trademark.
Now you can avail several Advantages of International Trademark Registration. You can have additional advantages if you also copyright your logo.
Copyright Registration vs Trademark Registration for Logo
There is a lot of uncertainty when it comes to trademarks and copyrights because many logos are eligible for both. To put it another way, you can copyright your logo to protect it from unlawful reproduction if it qualifies as an original piece of art and is not used to identify your firm in any way.
You should trademark your logo if you want to prohibit others from using it and if you want to make sure that your company’s mark is distinct from those of your rivals. Your clients may be confused by your trademark if it is identical to the trademarks of your rivals, while copyright registration protects your work from being copied without permission.
So, The most essential thing to remember is that copyright registration and trademark registration are not mutually exclusive, thus many business owners choose to trademark and copyright their company’s logo. You can also get both trademark registration and copyright registration to protect your logo and build a solid brand image.
In case you need any further guidance with regards to online Trademark Registration, please feel free to contact us at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.