The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Custom has stated that the businesses whose annual turnover is less than 40L need not go for GST Registration. Further, the documents vary as per the business, and here you will get comprehensive information of the same. In general, the essential documents for GST Registration are Aadhar Card, PAN Card, and Address Proof.
Who needs GST Registration?
GST is a form of tax levied against goods and services and as per GST law, 2017, any person whose business turnover is above Rs. 40L or above has to go for GST Return Filing. However, in north-eastern states and hill states, the slab is Rs. 10L.
The individual who is indulged in inter-state supply of taxable goods and services has to pay tax. Also, all e-commerce companies are eligible for GST Registration. Moreover, if you are doing business across the state boundaries in terms of services and getting an annual turnover of Rs. 20L or in terms of goods reaching Rs. 40L benchmark, then you will have to go for GST Return Filing.
Documents required for GST Registration?
As stated earlier, the documents vary as per the nature of business, and here the list of same has been provided. But some essential documents must be produced by an individual to tax officials amid registration and they are Business Registration copy, PAN Card, Photographs, Address Proof, and Bank Account statement.
Documents required for GST Registration for individuals and proprietors
- PAN Card
- Address Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Account Details
- Photograph of individual business owner
Documents for Registration of GST for Partnership Firms and LLPs
- Partnership deed copy
- PAN Card of the partners
- Photographs of partners involved in a business
- Address proof of partners
- Bank Account details of partners
- Proof of Prime address of the business
- Signatory’s proof of any appointment
- LLP registration proof (for LLPs)
Documents Required for Hindu Undivided Family
- PAN Card of HUF
- Patriach of family PAN Card or Karta.
- Owner’s Photograph and Bank Account details.
- Business’s address copy
Documents for Private Limited Companies
- Signatory’s PAN Card
- Signatory’s Aadhar Card
- All directors associated with private limited companies have to submit PAN Card and Address Proof.
- Bank Account details
- PAN Card of Company
- Incorporation Certificate received from Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Documents For Clubs and society
- Society registration proof
- PAN Card of associated partners involved in the club or society.
- Photographs and bank account details of promoters and partners of a club
- Registered office address proof
- An authorized letter from the officials
If you want any other guidance related to GST Registration or GST Return Filing, please feel free to talk to our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the freshest updates narrating to your business.