The new functionalities to be deployed on the GST portal will be available from July 2021. In order to provide the best and hassle-free experience for taxpayers, the government is providing these new functionalities. These new functionalities are deployed on the GST Portal. Let’s look at these new functionalities deployed on the GST Portal in detail.
New Functionalities deployed regarding GST Registration
- In view of the spread of pandemic COVID-19 across many parts of India, vide Notification No 14/2021-CT, dated 1st May 2021, read with vide Notification No 24/2021-CT, dated 1st June 2021. The Government had extended the date for filing of various applications falling during the period from the 15th April 2021 to 29th June 2021, till 30th June 2021.
- In addition to this, the timeline for filing of Application for Revocation of Cancellation of Registration, which was due on 15th of April 2021, had also been extended till 30th June 2021 on the GST Portal.
- Accordingly, these extensions have now ceased to be effective w.e.f. 1st July 2021, and timelines for filing of an application for revocation of cancellation is now changed to 90 days (as was earlier) on the GST Portal, from the date of Order of Cancellation of Registration in Form GST REG-19.
Notification regarding GST Returns on GST Portal
- Taxpayers whose GST registration is under cancellation or canceled, at the time of filing of last return in Form GSTR-10, will now be able to see the details of late fees payable by them. The portal will provide details for the delay in filing of any of the previous returns/ statements in a table, for their assistance in filing of said return by them.
- This information will be accessible on a hyperlink provided under the column “Late Fee Payable” in the online Form GSTR- 10.
New Functionalities to be deployed on GST Portal
- The UIN holders file details of their inward supplies in Form GSTR-11 on a quarterly basis. They can subsequently file for a refund (if required) in Form GST RFD- 10, for the quarter, in which a summary of the documents is auto-populated from their Form GSTR-11, in an editable mode.
- Furthermore, the GST portal will generate Form GSTR-11 of the UIN holder with details of their inward supplies, on basis of Forms GSTR-1 / 5 filed by their suppliers, which will subsequently help them in filing their refund claims.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the freshest updates narrating to your business.