Flowers are one of the best things that we all enjoy. They are appealing and essential to have a pollution-free environment in cities. The branch of horticulture dealing with the cultivation of flowers is Floriculture. The trends show Floriculture is very profitable in the export business. In this article, we will look at an overview of Floriculture.
Overview of Floriculture
Floriculture is the process of farming flower. It is a branch of horticulture associated with flower and ornamental crops for use in gardens and floristry. Floriculturists spend most of their time cultivating new varieties of flowers through plant breeding. Therefore, Floriculture crops are opposite to nursery crops and are usually herbaceous.
In other words, it is the growing, maintenance, and marketing of ornamental flowers. However, some florists also do the extraction of essential oils, edible pigments.
Significance of Floriculture
Floriculture is very beneficial for us in many ways. Also, the most significant advantages of Floriculture are as follows.
- It generates employment for many people. In addition, the export of Floriculture products helps in foreign money exchange.
- After that, It also helps build strong relationships in the export market.
- Also, the scope of trade is enormous.
- There is a successive demand in the country for a wide variety of Floriculture products.
- Similarly, a large number of Job opportunities are available in the Research and development sector of Floriculture.
- Moreover, it provides health benefits along with relaxing and pleasing places.
- Some therapists use Floriculture crops which helps patients in recovering efficiently.
- Also, Flowers are utilized as religious offerings. It means they have a large market in India too.
Types of Floriculture
The most popular categories of Floriculture are as follows.
- Cut Flowers
- Loose Flowers
- Cut Greens
- Potted Plants
- Flower Seed and Planting Material
- Trees, shrubs,
- Climbers, bulbous plants,
- Colour Pigments
- Dried Flowers
- Combat Pollution
- Aesthetic Value
Uses of Apeda Registration in Floriculture
As we know, One of the essential things which help exporters of Floriculture products is Apeda Registration. Further, the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) provides registration for exporters. However, it is mandatory in India to get an Apeda Registration for exporters of Floriculture crops.
Pros of Apeda Registration
There are innumerable benefits of APEDA Registration for farmers. In India, it is mandatory for exporters of Floriculture products. For instance –
- Exporters receive funding, information and guidelines to develop and export scheduled products.
- Apeda Registration provides various training programs organized by APEDA to improve their business.
- It is a one-time process, and Exporters need to renew the certificate only after five years.
- Also, Apeda Registered exporters can use it to promote their products in an International market.
In Conclusion, we can conclude the Floriculture industry has many opportunities in the long run. Especially it is very beneficial to export Floriculture products. Besides, to boost the profits in Floriculture, one must get registration by Apeda.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.