In a relief to several businesses, the Central government on Tuesday said that it has allowed llp companies to verify through electronic verification code monthly GST returns filed till May 31. The recent notification reading ‘filing Relaxation in Company GST Return Filing without DSC’ is making headlines all over. In this article, we will discuss the notification on Relaxation in Company GST Return Filing.
Relaxation in Company GST Return Filing without DSC
In a notification, the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) has announced the notification for any registered person during the period from April 21, 2021, to May 31, 2021, will be allowed to furnish the return in Form GSTR-3B and details of outward supplies in Form GSTR-1 verified through OTP.
Due to sudden lockdown, Company & LLP directors, Digital Signature [DSC] get stuck in the office, which is closed as per lockdown announcement of state government, which has led to a delay in filing GST Returns.
Accordingly, CBIC announced a relaxation for companies and LLP’s that they can file the GST return without a digital signature with the help of generating OTP. It will ensure timely filing of GST returns even in this covid pandemic situation.
Corporate taxpayers can now file monthly GST Return Filing through OTP till May 31 and this will advantage thousands of taxpayers who cannot visit offices to affix digital signatures certificate during the lockdown.
Further Notification by Central Government
- GSTR 3B and GSTR 1 can be filed through OTP instead of DSC from the period initially from 27th April 2021 To 31st May 2021.
- GSTR 3B can be filed from 21st April 2020 to 30th June 2020 through OTP without the requirement of signing with DSC. This has reference to Notification no. 38/2020 – Central Tax 5th May 2020.
- The above facility is facilitated due to COVID 19 situation in the country.
- The Government has also announced the rule for NIL return filing through a short messaging service (SMS). However, it will announce the implementation date shortly.
- All of the above provisions are applicable for all kinds of categories of Companies (including Limited Liability Partnerships and PSUs), registered under the Companies Act, 2013.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the freshest updates narrating to your business