Those traders who had filed the cancellation of their GST registration can easily restore their GSTIN in time.
Recently, the 40th GST Council Meeting was held. The GST Council has given several recommendations on GST Law & Procedural changes. One of them is that time-limit to file a revocation of the canceled GST registration is now extended further!
Time-limit to file Revocation of Canceled GST Registration Extended
To help all those taxpayers who couldn’t revoke their canceled GST registration timely, the period for filing of revocation of GST cancellation is now extended up to 30th September 2020. However, this relaxation is for those canceled GSTINs for which cancelation was filed till 12th June 2020.
Who can apply for Restoration?
The following can apply for restoration of the canceled GSTIN:
- Whose certificate canceled by govt. due to non-compliance.
- Whose GST Certificate was canceled up to 12th June 2020.
- Can file restoration application till 30th September 2020.
- For restoration, you need to complete all pending GST Return filing.
- Voluntary cancellation can not apply for Restoration
This is indeed a huge relaxation for the traders.
In case you need any kind of further guidance with regard to the GST registration, GST return filing procedure, GST cancellation, or any other GST compliance, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates relating to your business.