In recent years, a new wave of female entrepreneurs has emerged, making inroads into a variety of industries. Women’s participation in entrepreneurship is on the rise, and the sector is changing rapidly. Many women entrepreneurs want to start a business. However, most of you might not have financial support initially. Therefore, there are some amazing startup schemes for women entrepreneurs in India. In this article, you will get to know about the startup schemes for women entrepreneurs in India.
List of Top Startup Schemes for Women Entrepreneurs in India
According to a recent report, only 14 percent of all Indian entrepreneurs are female.
That’s why there are a number of programs being established by the Indian government to assist ambitious women in starting their own businesses.
With the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana Scheme for females, the government has taken another step to empower women.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, Mudra Loans were made available with the express purpose of encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit among Indian citizens. One can avail of Mudra Business Loan without collateral and through MSME Registration.
Women from all areas of life can apply for loans under the Mahila loan yojana, a program specifically created for aspiring female entrepreneurs. The only catch is that they’d have to fulfill a series of qualifying requirements before they could do so.
- Female entrepreneurs who are in charge of manufacturing and production can apply for a PMMY business loan. Among these are artists, weavers, and other skilled craftspeople.
- To establish, extend or modernize their enterprises, women entrepreneurs can use these loans to start, develop or modernize a variety of different types of service-based businesses.
Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana is a financial aid program for female entrepreneurs. Women in all sectors, new businesses, and services can benefit from this yojana.
Women’s self-employment is the primary emphasis of this initiative, which offers loans to help them become financially independent.
Everything from manufacturing to farming is included in the plan. The most essential feature of this plan is that it offers a 15% discount on project costs, up to a maximum of 12500 INR per person.
The credit ceiling for the Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana plan for the business sector is 2 lakhs, while the credit limit for services and industry-based startups and enterprises is up to 5 lakhs.
Cent Kalyani Scheme
Existing and emerging businesses, as well as women who are self-employed, can benefit from the Cent Kalyani Yojana.
Micro/small businesses like farming, agriculture, cottage industries, and retail commerce are all eligible to receive the benefits of the Cent Kalyani Scheme.
You need no collateral or guarantors as security for this loan. A loan’s interest rate is determined by the current rate in the market. The loan will have a maximum payback term of seven years.
Dena Shakti Scheme
This program is geared toward female entrepreneurs, however, it is only accessible to individuals who own small businesses or microcredit organizations in the agricultural, retail, manufacturing, or micro-enterprise sectors.
The maximum ceiling restrictions for women beneficiaries are also determined by the industry in which they intend to grow or create a business, in accordance with RBI limits. The maximum amount that may be borrowed is Rs.20 lakh.
Hence, Dena Shakti Scheme is a kind of online business loan that you can easily avail yourself if you do business in the above-mentioned sectors.
Startup India Certificate for Entrepreneurs
One of the most beneficial startup schemes for women entrepreneurs in India is Startup India Certificate for Entrepreneurs. India’s government in 2015 began its “Start-up India and Stand-up India” project, which aims to promote entrepreneurship and strengthen the country’s economy by supporting and promoting the development of Indian start-ups.
Advantages of Startup India Certificate
- The procedure is simple and online.
- If a startup is further authorized by the Inter-Ministerial Board, an investment made by investors on the premium is free from taxation as per Income Tax rules and regulations.
- Startups can save money on compliance by self-certifying in accordance with labor and environmental regulations. A self-certification program is offered to ease the burden of regulation, allowing businesses to concentrate on their core competencies.
- Six labor laws and three environmental regulations can be self-certified by startups for a period of three to five years from the date of company registration.
- A four-year fund with an initial capital of INR 2,500 crore and an overall corpus of INR 10,000 crore has been established by the government to give financial assistance having Startup India Certification. However, because it is a Fund of Funds, it will not invest directly in startups, but rather invests in the corpus of SEBI-registered Venture Funds.
In conclusion, there are several startup schemes for women entrepreneurs in India. Some of the most beneficial are mentioned above. To know more about such startup schemes for women entrepreneurs in India and how to apply for them, you can contact our business advisors.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.