A known trademark not only addresses the trademark owner with the particular right to use the mark but also entitles the owner to restrict others from using a related mark that can be tough for the general public. With trademark registration, one can enhance the business. Trademark Application has classified under 45 different classes that are based on a variety of business activity. In this article, we will discuss Trademark Class 17 which regards the business of Rubber, Asbestos and Mica
Grasp about Trademark
A trademark is a design, symbol, and determination that classifies or specifies the source of the goods of one individual from those of others. Also, it is a word, phrase, description, and purpose that divides and defines the source of a service rather than goods. Some examples involve brand names, slogans, and logos. The term “trademark” is often applied in a general sense to relate to both trademarks and service marks.
Significance of Trademark Registration
Trademark Registration is mandatory for many reasons such as –
- Trademarks assist you to recognize your products and services from those of opponents and help know you as the origin.
- Trademarks describe a consistent level of a kind of products and services.
- Division of your brand and the goodwill correlated with your trademark can often take decades to build.
- The aggregate value of publicness, advertising, marketing, and sales purposes can directly reach tens of millions or even billions of dollars, depending on the commodity/service.
Trademark registration varies with 45 classes which are based on the nature of assets and assistance that are divided into several classes. Each class requires a different trademark registration. This is a variety of around 80,000 products and services and is classified into two divisions – Classes for Goods & Classes of Services. Find out a full list of 45 Classes
Now, we will understand about Trademark class 17
Trademark Class 17 for Rubber, Asbestos and Mica
Trademark Class 17 concerns to rubber, gutta-percha, glue, asbestos, mica and assets made from these materials and not associated in other classes; plastics in expelled form for usage in manufacture; packing, stopping and insulating elements; flexible pipes, not of metal.
Goods come under Trademark Class 17
The following goods are classified under Class 17:
- Rubber material for recapping tyres;
- Padding and stuffing materials of rubber or plastics;
- Floating anti-pollution barriers.
Therefore, it includes mainly all types of Jewellery and precious metals
Goods not come under Trademark Class 17
The goods that do not come under Trademark Class 17 are:
- Fire hose
- Pipes being parts of sanitary installations and inflexible pipes of metal and none of metal
- Insulating glass for building
- Certain goods made of the elements in this class that are classified according to their function or purpose, for example, gum resins, rubber for dental purposes, asbestos screens for firemen, adhesive rubber patches for repairing inner tubes, rubber erasers.
In case you need any further guidance with matters about Trademark Registration, please feel free to contact us at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the freshest updates associating with your business.