The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government of India organization that promotes the export of agricultural and processed food products from India. APEDA registration is required for businesses that are engaged in the export of agricultural and processed food products and wish to avail themselves of the benefits and support provided by APEDA. Know all about obtaining APEDA Registration in detail through the information shared below.
Exporters that mandatory need to have APEDA Registration
APEDA registration is typically obtained by businesses that are engaged in the following activities:
- Export of agricultural products, including fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, grains, oilseeds, dairy products, meat and poultry, and other food products
- Export of processed food products, including processed fruits and vegetables, beverages, confectionery, bakery products, and other processed food items
- Export of organic products, including organic agriculture and processed food products
Products monitored by APEDA
The APEDA is responsible for promoting and developing the export of the following products that come under the scheduled products category as per the APEDA Act.
- Meat and meat products
- Fruits, vegetables, and their products
- Poultry and poultry products
- Dairy products
- Honey, jaggery, and sugar products
- Confectionery, biscuits, and bakery products
- Cocoa and its products, including chocolates of every kind.
- Groundnuts, peanuts, and walnuts
- Cereal and cereal products
- Pickles, papads, and chutneys
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Guar gum
- Herbal and medicinal plants
- Floriculture and floriculture products
Thus, the exporters of these products will also need to get APEDA Registration.
Document Requirement to get APEDA Registration Online
- Application Form for the APEDA Registration that is completed and duly signed.
- Copy of the Import-Export Code issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade.
- Bank Certificate that is duly signed by the concerned authorities.
- Account statement for the last two months of the firm’s bank account.
- Canceled Cheque
Stepwise Process to get APEDA Registration
- Determine your eligibility: You must be a manufacturer, trader, or exporter of agricultural and processed food products in India to be eligible for APEDA registration.
- Collect required documents: You will need to gather the following documents to apply for APEDA reg.
- Proof of identity (such as a PAN card, passport, or driving license)
- Proof of address (such as a utility bill or bank statement)
- Proof of business ownership (such as a trade license or GST registration certificate)
- Details of the products you wish to export (such as product descriptions and HS codes)
- Submit the application: You can apply for APEDA registration online through the APEDA website or by submitting a physical application at the APEDA regional office.
- Pay the fee: There is a fee for APEDA, which varies depending on the type of business and the products you are exporting. You will need to pay this fee at the time of submitting your application.
- Wait for approval: Once you have submitted your application, APEDA will review it and issue a registration certificate if your application is approved. This process can take several weeks or months, depending on the workload of the APEDA office.
Renewal of APEDA registration
APEDA registration is valid for a period of 5 years and must be renewed after that. You will need to submit a renewal application and pay the renewal fee before the expiration of your current registration.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.