As we know the Indian retail market has emerged as one of the most effective and fast-paced industries due to the entry of several new players. It considers over 10 per cent of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) and approx. eight per cent of the employment. India is the world’s fifth-largest global address in the retail space. In this article, we will explain on Barcode for Retail and its importance.
What is a Barcode?
Barcodes are used to recognise products throughout the supply chain from the moment they are manufactured up until when they are purchased in a retail store. Each barcode is different from the product that it represents. Barcodes play a significant role in supply chains, allowing retailers, manufacturers, and transport providers to easily recognise and track products as they move through the supply chain.
How Many Types of Barcodes in India?
The different administration requires different barcode registration with the capability to hold different data. Therefore, to various requirements, GS1 sets standards for use with different types of barcode symbols. GS1 barcodes can be summarised into the following categories: GS1
How Barcode Registration used in the Retail Industry?
The method behind barcodes is that they encode information about a specific product and even a batch of products.
- It is mandatory for retail shops to obtain Barcode Registration for their enhance their business
- In retail stores, the two most frequent forms of barcodes that are used are UPC, or a Universal Product Code, barcode and a Code 128 barcode. The two are especially similar but they are used in completely different ways.
- UPC barcodes are used as pricing tags within retail; this barcode tracks items within their own shops and stores information such as the price, where it was made, and what batch of goods it came from.
- Code 128 barcodes are used to manage large amounts of stock, so these barcodes are typically used on the boxes that contain unique items.
Also, Know about How Barcode is useful to Get Amazon Brand Registry in India.
Benefits of Using Barcode for Retail Business
Barcodes are simple to scan and an easy scanning reveals all the important data and also stores these data in any software. Hence, the method saves time and also saves manpower. The foremost thing is that barcodes can also provide instant information and visibility of the products.
- Barcodes improve operational accuracy
- Barcodes enhance inventory management
- Barcodes promote shipment tracking
- Variation in barcode design and size
In case you need any further guidance with regards to Barcode Registration, please feel free to contact us at 8881-069-069.
Now you can also Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never Ignore the latest freshest relating to your business.