The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have issued a notification for the nationwide surveillance across the country to check the quality of Khoa or mawa– a milk-made object widely used in making most Indian sweets. In this article, we will discuss on the FSSAI Testing Quality of Khoya.
Let’s summaries the Notifications issued:-
Notification on FSSAI Testing Quality of Khoya
The Food Safety and Standard Authority of India have announced the new notification for the Food regulators and Food businesses. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has set to originate nationwide surveillance across the country to FSSAI testing quality of Khoa or mawa. The move will improve following reports of adulterated Khoa manufactured and marketed across the country. Due to the varied nature of Khoa, it is the main element in an array of Indian sweets such as barfis, pedas, milk cake, kalakand and halwas.
Further points mentioned by FSSAI
There are further points concerning the new notification on FSSAI Testing Quality of Khoya.
- FSSAI has now equipped to launch the new standards to the whole country with effect from 27th October 2020.
- Also, food business operators must acquire an FSSAI registration or FSSAI food licence.
- FSSAI Considering that there was some breakdown in the samples collected at Delhi during the pilot survey, it has decided to conduct PAN -India Khoa quality survey,
- The Commissioner Food Safety of all states and UTs have inquired to select Khoa mandis in their respective states and Union Territories (UTs) especially in big cities.
- The final survey results will assist in the classification of the key hot spots for adulteration of Khoa in different parts of the country and strengthen efforts at the states.
- However, the entire exercise has intended at ensuring the availability of pure and safe Khoa for safe Indian sweets in the country.
However, if you have required any further direction as regards the FSSAI registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the latest updates associating to your business.