Home Bakers or any small food business operator must know about the FSSAI Registration. Firstly, because it offers several advantages for your business. Also, it is mandatory to get FSSAI Registration as per the government rules. If you have any queries regarding FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers or require any other information regarding FSSAI Registration, you can read this article. You can also talk to our FSSAI Registration experts for free to resolve all your queries. In this article, we will understand all about the FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers.
What is FSSAI??
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a government department. It has headquarters in New Delhi and the main role of FSSAI is to ensure consumers get safe food products and services.
The FSSAI provides standards and various guidelines to make food businesses aware of the safety and hygiene of food items.
It also ensures the correct guidelines for the packaging and labeling of food items. Similarly, the FSSAI penalizes the food businesses that don’t do mandatory registration or provide adulterated or harmful food products.
All the roles of FSSAI correspond under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 and Food Safety and Standards Regulations, 2011.
What is FSSAI Registration?
FSSAI Registration is a legal obligation for all the food business operators in India. Thus, FSSAI Registration provides a certificate or proof that your business is legal and can supply food services or goods.
The FSSAI Registration provides a 14-digit unique number to the FBO. This number must be printed on all the food products. Using this number, FSSAI tracks and maintains the quality of food items.
Furthermore, FSSAI also provides License. The FSSAI License is mandatory for certain businesses and it ensures products have a quality check. You can easily get FSSAI Registration and License Online through our professional business advisors.
Which FSSAI Registration License to choose as a Home Baker?
License and Registration are the two choices provided under the FSSAI. The license is issued at both the union and state levels, with the former granting it to medium to big businesses and the latter to small businesses.
Only one level of registration is required, namely at the state level, and it is mostly for petty food enterprises. The key distinction is in the organization’s income and size of activities.
If your annual turnover is less than 12 lakh per year from baking, you will need to get FSSAI Basic Registration.
However, if your total annual earnings exceed 12 lakh, you must obtain an FSSAI license. This is due to the fact that you will no longer be considered a petty food business.
Many home bakers are likely to fall into this group, not just because of the turnover restriction, but also because the state’s Licence category is exclusively for medium-sized businesses with at least 5 – 10 workers. The majority of people who bake at home do so on their own. People usually bake with one or two other people they know. When you operate from your home kitchen, you seldom have an employee-employer connection with numerous individuals.
Benefits of FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers
FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers offers several advantages including:
- It builds the goodwill of your food business.
- The process to obtain FSSAI Registration is easy and you can do it online through our web portal.
- It offers you legal benefits and thus saves you from penalty and punishment.
- You can start exporting baked items to foreign markets. The FSSAI Logo on your food item will showcase trust and safety internationally.
- Indian consumers will naturally choose your product as it highlights the hygiene, quality, and safety after you get FSSAI Registration.
- The government fees of FSSAI Registration are affordable.
- You can get FSSAI Registration for 5 years tenure.
- The renewal and Upgradation procedure of FSSAI Registration is online.
FAQs on FSSAI Registration for Home Bakers
- Do we need different FSSAI Registration if we change the location of the home bakery business?
Yes, FSSAI Registration License varies according to the location of the premises. So, you can get the FSSAI Registration for every premise where you are conducting business.
- What are the benefits of transferring your manual license to the online licensing and registration system?
Online FSSAI Registration or License reduces the documentation requirement. It also helps you save time and energy. You can get online FSSAI Registration through our web portal.
- Who are petty food business operators?
As per FSSAI, Petty Food Business operators are those businesses who have an annual turnover up to Rs. 12 Lakhs. Furthermore, petty food business operators can be:
- Food Production Capacity is below 100 kg or Litre
- Slaughtering capacity is up to 2 Large Animals per day or ten small animals or only 50 poultry birds per day.
- Handling or Collection of milk is up to Five Hundred Litres only.
Moreover, you require any kind of guidance related to the FSSAI Registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.