At present, Trademark Registration is the most valuable asset for any business entity. Most of us know that Trademark Registration is important and should be done as soon as possible. However, How to apply for Trademark Registration Online in India is still a question for many. Thus, In this article, we will cover everything about the Trademark Registration process and How to apply for Trademark Registration Online in India
What is a Trademark?
A trademark is generally a logo or graphical image used to distinguish one product or service from another. For example, an organization’s name or logo, a brand, or a product.
In other words, It is a vital sign that identifies your business and helps clients distinguish you from your competitors.
However, Trademarks and Trademark Registration may also include numerals, graphics, illustrations, three-dimensional features such as product type and packaging, and non-visible signs such as tones, scents, or color hues.
When to renew Trademark Registration?
According to section 25 of the Trademarks Act, 1999, a trademark in India has a 10-year validity duration.
The New Trade Laws, 2017, was announced by the Government of India (GOI) on March 6, 2017, to regulate the registration process, establish benchmarks for trademark applications, encourage e-filing, and streamline the registration procedure.
Thus, One may renew Trademark Registration with the corresponding documentation, and the other measures are after a duration of 10 years.
Why are Trademarks Important?
- Many businesses in the industry provide a diverse variety of goods and services. So, if you’re launching a new company, the first step is to set yourself apart from the competitors. As a result, trademarks come into play here.
- Also, Expanding in a worldwide marketplace without a trademark is a risky endeavor since someone in another country may misappropriate use your company’s branding. As a result, when a corporation obtains a Trademark Registration before starting a business in a foreign country, it secures its position and protects its trademark rights while allowing expanding its business.
Learn More about Importance of Trademark Registration in detail – Importance of Trademark registration in India
How to apply for trademark registration online in India
To apply for trademark registration online in India, you have to follow the steps that are mentioned below.
Choose Trademark Types
There are various types of trademarks under Trademark Registration. Thus, for registering a trademark, the foremost step is to choose trademark types as per your business need. You can choose from various Trademark Types, For Instance- product mark, service mark, collective mark, certification mark, shape mark, sound mark, collective mark, certification mark, shape mark, sound mark, and pattern Mark.
Prepare the Documents for Trademark Registration
One of the most crucial steps, when you apply for trademark registration online in India, is to prepare the documents. Following are the documents that you might need to apply for Trademark Registration.
- Identity proof of the trademark owner
- PAN Card.
- Aadhar Card
- Certificate of Incorporation ( In case you have a Private Limited Company or an LLP)
- Udyog Aadhar Certificate
- Logo if it is applicable and available
- Address proof
Trademark or Mark Search
Once you’ve decided on a mark, it’s a good idea to do a search to see whether it’s identical to a previously registered mark. You may accomplish this yourself by visiting the Controller General’s website for patents, designs, and trademarks. A public search option is available on the official website. After selecting this option, you must select your class and explore the extensive website.
However, the better option is to obtain legal assistance, which is inexpensive and a safer option too. Lastly our expert professionals in Trademark Registration not only will do the search, but they will also assist you along the process. Please feel free to talk to our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Prepare the Application form for Trademark Registration
The next step is to apply for the application form for Trademark Registration. When applying for a trademark, you have two choices.
- Apply for a trademark in the “one” class. That is, the trademark will be registered exclusively for the class that you have selected. In this instance, you must furnish Form TM-1.
- Another option is to file for several classes, series, or collective trademarks. Furnishing of TM-A form is a must for this. The TM-A form allows you to register your trademark in more than one class.
Wait for Government’s Approval
After filing the Trademark Application, the government’s processing for the application starts. Moreover, the status of the Trademark Application needs to be checked carefully. In addition, if the objection is raised, you need to reply for the same in a month.
In Conclusion, If all the above steps are fulfilled successfully, you can get your Trademark Registered.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.