Your brand logo is one of your most valuable assets.
It’s what helps people identify your business and remember it.
So, If you think your brand logo is copied, or you want to be aware in advance and stop others from copying it, read this article.
Different Ways to check if your design has been copied
Use Reverse Image Search
You can check if someone copies your brand logo using a reverse image search.
By uploading your logo to a reverse image search engine, you can see if it has been uploaded to any other websites.
If it is, you can look into it to see if they’re using your logo without permission.
Look for the logo on the WIPO website
The WIPO Global Brand Database contains information about logos, including their registration status.
You can search the database by keyword, name, number, goods and services, and image similarity.
You can easily access the database and see if someone has copied your brand logo at: Global Brand Database.
Search logo in Trademark Website
To check if someone has copied your brand logo, visit the trademark website relevant to your jurisdiction.
For example, IPIndia public search in India.
Search for your logo to see if it’s been registered by others.
If you find infringements, do not worry, consult our trademark experts immediately.
How to save your brand logo from being copied?
One of the best ways to protect your brand logo well in advance is to have trademark registration.
Registering a trademark in advance has many benefits:
- Legal Protection: It gives you exclusive rights to your design or brand, allowing you to stop copycats and take legal action if needed.
- Brand Recognition: A registered trademark builds trust, setting you apart from competitors and showing professionalism.
- Market Expansion: You can expand without others using your name or design, providing flexibility and growth.
- Asset Value: It boosts your business’s value, attracting investors, buyers, and partners.
- Licensing Opportunities: You can license your brand, creating revenue and partnerships.
- Online Defense: Protects your brand online, preventing domain squatters and misuse on social media.
- Legal Strength: In disputes, a registered trademark gives you a strong legal position for quicker resolutions.
- Preventing Confusion: Stops others from registering similar marks that might confuse customers.
- Public Notice: Registers ownership, making it hard for others to claim they didn’t know about your rights.
- Long-term Security: Trademarks can be renewed indefinitely, ensuring lasting protection for your brand or design.
Moreover, If you want any other guidance relating to How to check if your brand logo has been copied, please feel free to talk to our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.