Indian E-commerce is revolutionizing business in India, projected to hit US$ 200 billion by 2026 with a 57% CAGR. By 2030, it could become an $800 billion market, propelled by widespread online service adoption in areas like e-commerce and EdTech. One of the major e-commerce platforms is Flipkart in India. Having your business on Flipkart can be hugely profitable for you. Let’s learn how to register on Flipkart as a seller.
What is Flipkart?
Flipkart, headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, is the second-largest e-commerce company in India. It was incorporated in Singapore as a Private Limited Company.
Originally established to sell books online, the company has since diversified into over 100 product categories, including consumer electronics, fashion, home essentials, groceries, and lifestyle products.
Presently, Flipkart stands as a prominent Indian e-commerce platform with a vast network of over 100,000 sellers and serving more than 100 million loyal customers.
The company operates through 21 state-of-the-art warehouses across the country.
You can also learn about Singapore Company Registration at: Singapore Company Registration.
Who is eligible to sell products on Flipkart?
- Sole Proprietor Businesses if you run your business alone can register on Flipkart.
- A business under the Indian Partnership Act of 1932 can also appoint a partner to complete Flipkart Seller Registration.
- An LLP formed under the LLP Act of 2008 can register on Flipkart and become eligible to sell products on flipkart..
- Companies registered under the Companies Act of 2013, including Public, Private, and One-Person Companies, are also eligible.
- Other registered entities engaged in product sales are also eligible.
Necessary Documents for Registering as a Flipkart Seller
- PAN Card (Personal PAN is acceptable for Proprietors, while Business PAN is also valid)
- GSTIN after getting GST Registration/TIN Number (Not obligatory for certain product categories such as books)
- Bank account and relevant KYC Documents (including Address Proof and a scanned copy of a Canceled Cheque)
- =Signature Photo, file size should not exceed 20 MB.
- Trademark Registration if selling proprietary products, or Brand Approval Letter, or Certified Invoice from an authorized dealer for Branded Products.
Steps to Create a Flipkart Seller Account:
- Initiate the Process: Access your Flipkart seller account on the official website and select the “Sign Up” option.
- Account Creation: Establish your seller account by inputting your contact details, including phone number (along with OTP), email address, and seller name.
- Location Verification: Progress by confirming if Flipkart’s services are available in your desired region.
- Provide Business Information: Furnish your business particulars, including your GST number. A valid GSTIN is mandatory for most categories on Flipkart, barring a few exceptions like books.
- Complete Profile Information: Fill in essential details under various sections:
- Account Documentation: Upload essential documents such as GST number, a cheque, bank details, and your email for verification purposes.
- Store Particulars: Input your store’s name and furnish a description of your business.
- Business Specifics: Include your GSTIN number.
- Signature: Upload a legible signature photograph in a compatible format, keeping the file size under 20MB.
- Bank Account Data: Enter the account holder’s name, bank account number, and IFSC code.
- Brand Validation: Complete the necessary steps for brand verification.
- Email Confirmation: Validate your email by clicking on the link sent to your registered email address.
Moreover, If you want any other guidance relating to How to register on flipkart as a seller, please feel free to talk to our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.