In this article, you will learn how to verify your IEC code online, which enables your business to engage in international trade by facilitating imports and exports to global markets.
What is the IEC Code?
An IEC (Importer Exporter Code) certificate is a mandatory document for businesses that import or export goods from India. I
It is a unique 10-digit code issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) and is required for all commercial transactions involving import or export.
Once an IEC certificate is issued through your application of IEC Code Registration, businesses can download it online from the DGFT website.
The certificate has lifetime validity, but it must be updated annually to avoid deactivation.
Learn the stepwise process to download your IEC Certificate at How to Download IEC Certificate Online
Stepwise process to verify your IEC code online
- Visit the ICEGATE website and click on the User Login button in the Services section.
- On the new user login window, enter your valid credentials and click on the Login button.
- After logging in, select Check IE Code/BIN status from the list of available services.
- In the first section of the form, choose the IE Code@DGFT option to verify if your code has arrived at the DGFT headquarters. The data is then transferred from the DGFT HQ to the customs portal, ICEGATE. To check the status and correctness of your IE code at customs ICEGATE, enter your code in the text box and click on the IE Code @ ICEGATE button.
- After doing this, you will see your application status, including your details and the status of your application.
Different Statuses of IEC Code Online
The following table illustrates the different statuses of IEC Code Online that you might see after following the process above:
If you have any other questions about your IEC application status, you can contact the E-StartupI
If you have any other questions about your IEC application status, you can contact the E-StartupIndia experts at: 8881-069-069.