The Guide to ISBN Identification is very crucial to understand. The reason is ISBN Registration is very popular among booksellers, authors, readers, and publishers.
An ISBN (International Standard Book Number) is a unique number that identifies a book. It is similar to the social security number. But it also helps in accessing the essential book information for the booksellers and readers. Therefore, In this article, we will understand all about ISBN.
Guide to ISBN Identification and ISBN Registration
The ISBN system is a globally acknowledged standard. ISBNs are used all around the world as a unique code for books. In addition, they are used to make book distribution and buying easier throughout the worldwide supply chain.
Guide to ISBN Identification Number
ISBN is a thirteen-digit number. It replaces the management of large bibliographic descriptive information. Consequently, It contains information about a specific country, a specific publisher, and concludes with a specific book edition.
The Guide to ISBN Identification
ISBNs are available for purchase via the ISBN Agency or authorized agents. Our experts can assist you in obtaining an ISBN easily.
Also, it is important to note that ISBN Registration is different from Barcode Registration. The reason is an ISBN is a numeric identifier, whereas a barcode is a visual identifier.
Furthermore, A barcode conveys a book’s ISBN to a central database with the help of a barcode scanner.
Significance of Barcode Registration
ISBN Registration is getting very popular day by day. Almost every online e-commerce store selling books makes it mandatory for books or e-books to have ISBN.
Furthermore, not having an ISBN may cause readers to doubt that the book is fake or plagiarised, pirated, offensive, or spurious.
Not having ISBN also makes it almost impossible to find all details of the book, For instance, the book and its author.
What are the Benefits of ISBN Identification?
There are multiple benefits of ISBN Identification Registration. Some of the most significant are as follows.
- Firstly, Proper use of the ISBN allows identifying different product forms and editions of a book.
- ISBN Identification helps in getting a global recognition
- ISBN provides the right to the author to be a book publisher as well.
- The ISBN registration is a one-time procedure. The ISBN registration does not need to be renewed by the book publisher.
- The registration cost of ISBN is less as compared to the benefits it provides.
- It facilitates the online selling of books on popular platforms such as Amazon, Flipkart, etc.
- International Standard Book Number(ISBN) assists readers to connect with the author.
To know more about the Benefits of ISBN
What are the Documents required for ISBN Registration?
ISBN Registration requires only a few documents that are as follows.
- ID proof of the Author
- Content of Book
- Description of Book (Cover Page and the Title of the book)
- Publisher & Printer Details
Moreover, if you require any other guidance concerning ISBN Registration, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the brand-new updates relating to your business.