A recognised trademark has exceptional protection against passing off and infringement of such trademarks. Identified trademarks are known in India based on their reputation, nationally, internationally, and cross-borders. With the trademark registration, Trademark Application is classified under 45 different classes which are based on the kind of business activity.
In this article, we will discuss trademark Class 5 which associates to the business of Pharmaceutical Products
The Trademarks Act, 1999, defines as, a phrase, logo, design, and sequence of colours or shapes, etc. and that indicates the uniqueness of a brand or the product and distinguishes from competitors. It is a globally acknowledged trademark and is the most precious asset of a business. With a unique Trademark, users can quickly distinguish your products or services from various competitors’ products.
Importance of Trademark Registration
Trademark Registration is necessary for many reasons such as –
- A unique Brand logo is the most relevant asset of any business.
- Customers can quickly recognise your product or services easily.
- Preserve your brand logo from abuse or duplication by others.
- Also, build your business, commodities, and services stand out.
Trademark registration consists of 45 classes which are based on the sort of goods and services that are classified into various categories. Each class requires a different trademark registration. This is a classification of almost 80,000 products and services and is classified in to two sections – Classes for Goods & Classes of Services. Find out a full list of 45 Classes
Now, we will know about Trademark class 5
Trademark Class 5- Pharmaceutical Products
Trademark Class 5 concerns to pharmaceutical and veterinary preparations; sanitary preparations for medical purposes.
It includes goods like sanitary products for pharmaceutical purposes, dietetic food and substances acclimated for medical or veterinary use, food for babies, dietary supplements for humans and animals, plasters, materials for dressings, stuff for stopping teeth, dental wax, disinfectants, preparations for destroying vermin, fungicides, herbicides etc.
Examples of Class 5 trademark carry Johnson and Johnson PVT limited and Ranbaxy
Goods come under Trademark Class 5
It involves goods such as:
- Sanitary products for personal hygiene, other than toiletries
- Diapers for child
- Cosmetics other than for human beings or animals
- Dietary supplements signified to supplement a normal diet or to have health benefits
- Meal replacements, dietetic food, and liquors adapted for medical or veterinary use
- Cigarettes without tobacco, for medical objectives
Goods do not come under Trademark Class 5
- Sanitary products being toiletries
- Deodorants for human beings or animals
- Supportive bandages
- Food replacements, dietetic food, and beverages not for medical or veterinary
In case you require any further guidance with regards to online Trademark Registration, please feel free to contact us at 8881-069-069.
Now you can further Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the freshest updates relating to your business.