Most businesses confuse ISO 9001 Certifications. Some people tend to think ISO 9001:2015 and 9001:2008 are similar. However, this is not completely true. There are several upgrades and different motives behind ISO 9001:2015 Certification and ISO 9001:2015 is the latest and most valuable ISO Certification. In this article, we will discuss the 9 Main changes between ISO 9001:2015 and 9001:2008.
Know about ISO
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a non-profit organization that establishes safety standards and other criteria for products and services in order to maintain the highest quality. The ISO interacts with professionals from all around the globe to produce worldwide quality standards, which is a core role of the organization.
ISO provides technical reports, specific requirements, publicly available quality standards, technical corrigenda, and guidelines parallel to standards.
Thus, The ISO helps to facilitate global trade by offering uniform standards for diverse countries.
Learn about ISO 9001 Certification
A standard is a measurement or limit for the quality of a product, process, service, or material that applies to a wide range of activities. As a result, ISO standards produced by specialists are universally recognized.
Companies who adopt these standards receive an ISO Certification, which serves as both a recognition and a financial achievement. ISO 9001 Certification is one of the most well-known and famous ISO Certifications in India and throughout the world.
Furthermore, A quality management system is a tool that allows an organization to decide how it can fulfill the needs of its customers and other stakeholders involved in its activities. Thus, ISO 9001 Standards describes the standards and requirements to fulfill for a QMS (Quality Management System).
There are two major certifications under ISO 9001 Standards. These are ISO 9001:2015 Certification and ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
What are the 9 Main Changes between ISO 9001:2015 Certification and ISO 9001:2008?
Though there are several changes between ISO 9001:2008 Certification and ISO 9001:2015 Certification. The 9 Main changes between ISO 9001:2015 Certification and ISO 9001:2008 are as follows.
- The first difference between the 2015 version and the previous one is that the number of clauses has been raised to eleven. Although some clauses stay mostly unchanged, a handful of these clauses have changed in scope and effect from the 2008 edition. Clauses 4, 5, 6, and 7 of ISO 9001:2015 are covered by Strategy, clause 8 from Do, clause 9 by Inspection, and clause 10 by Action. The new ISO 9001:2015 standard aims to provide a further push to the continual and methodical quality improvement inside organizations through this new structure.
- As a result of the new ten-clause framework, ISO 9001:2015 now has the same clear structure as all standardized management solutions, known as a ‘High-Level Structure (HLS). As a result, the essential elements of ISO 9001 certification, ISO 14001 certification, ISO 22000 certification, ISO 45001 certification, or ISO 27001 certification, and other standards are now all the very same. This has greatly simplified the integration of multiple management methods. If, for example, an organization chooses to adopt ISO 20000 or ISO 50001 in addition to ISO 9001, the sections of the standards that address the same issue are immediately visible.
- ISO 9001:2015 places a high value on risk-based thinking. We employ risk analysis to determine the issues we perceive in the administration of our business operations.
- Formal risk analysis, which is available to many firms through FMEA or HACCP methodologies, is now required for all. To highlight their prevalence, the term “risk” appears forty-eight times in ISO 9001:2015, whereas it appears just three times in ISO 9001:2008. The incorporation of a risk-based approach has turned ISO 9001:2008’s “preventive measures” obsolete. These precautionary measures are no longer included in ISO 9001:2015. The shift from ‘preventive measures’ to ‘risk-based thinking’ is a wise one since it acts to examine conditions and fix perspective issues long before they arise.
- The process method has been part of ISO 9001 from the year 2000 edition. While some companies may not have properly addressed and utilized the concept of process approach using ISO 9001:2018 Certification, the most recent version of ISO 9001 lays a far more emphasis on processes. The ISO 9001:2015 requirements are intended to support a comprehensive quality management strategy.
- The ISO 9001:2015 standard places a greater focus on accurately measuring and analyzing process input and output. You must thoroughly monitor which goods, technology, and parameters are linked to the performance, according to ISO 9001:2015. You must also ensure that quality products emerge from the manufacturing process.
- ISO 9001:2015 also places a greater focus on management commitment and leadership. It necessitates a greater level of engagement from senior executives and business experts in the quality management system’s administration. ISO 9001:2015 is designed to promote integration and harmonization with company operations and strategy in this way. This emphasizes senior management accountability for the continuous improvement in the system’s effectiveness.
- According to ISO 9001:2015, an organization’s quality management system must now be built around the unique environment in which it operates. This means, among several other things, that you must consider the demands and preferences of the customers and review and address internal and external strategic issues as an organization. You must demonstrate that as an organization, you are aware of and attentive to the demands of all relevant stakeholders. Furthermore, according to ISO 9001:2008, the management representative was a member of the management review panel with the responsibility and power to lead the quality management system in the appropriate direction. This element is no longer mentioned in ISO 9001:2015. The shift is based on the premise that quality is a concern for everybody at all levels of the company.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.