The wires and cable industry in India have come a long way, evolving from being a small industry to a very large one, over the past decade. With the part including nearly 40 per cent of the electrical industry in India, the increasing demand for power, light and communication has kept demand for wires and cables high. Also, wires and cables have a basic obligation in all government departments. By obtaining the Government Tender, the manufacturer has the opportunity to sell their commodities with high demand and with a high rate of profit. In this article, we will discuss the Government Tender for wires and cables.
Where do Government Departments Require Wires and Cables?
As we see the value of wires and cables in all the various departments. Here are some of the essential government bodies that may require urgent stocks of wiring cables:-
- Government Hospital
- Government Electricity department
- All types of Government departments
Thus, we see that the sellers who have Government Tender are now having a broad scope to supply their products to their respective government buyers.
How to Apply Government Tender for Wires and Cables?
There are various steps to apply for Government Tenders. Some of them are –
(1) Registration on Government e-marketplace
To Apply with Government Tender, the sellers need to register in Government e-marketplace.
(2) Vendor Assessment for Government Tender
If you are a seller, then you have to obtain OEM Panel. There are four significant points for Vendor Assessment –
- The seller needs to pay Government Fee of INR 11200+18% GST, which is non-refundable.
- The seller’s product has to pass through with Quality Assessment by QCI.
- Also, there is additional clarification supplicated to Manufacturers.
- OEM may be mandatory to obtain ISO Certification.
NOTE – Some merchants Exempts from vendor assessment – Stationary, Artistic work, Handicraft, or the seller have ZED Certificate, BIS Certificate, NSIC Certificate, and MSME Registration.
(3) Brand approval for Government Tender
The Manufacturer has also required obtaining brand approval for their particular product. Some of the necessary records required for brand approval are –
- Trademark Registration/Certificate
- Website URL Mandatory(Also know about Website Development Process).
(4) Product Listing for Government Tender
The sellers have to add various products such as –
- Category of the Product & their sub-category
- Name of the product
- Product Description
- Brand of product
- Product Model
- HSN Code
- SKU id
(5) BID for Government Tender
Government bid is the ways by which you can promote the government to buy the most necessary products. Also, it is known as a Reverse e-Auction which is a variety of online open bid that can be done on the Government e-marketplace. Following the electric Reverse e-Auction, you will get the only those customers which are from an administration office and a few other budding businessmen.
So, these are the ways you can directly sell your wires and cables to the government buyers on Government Tender.
If you require any kind of assistance on Government Tender, please feel free to communicate our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the freshest updates relating to your business.