If you are into export business and exporting food products, you must know about FSSAI License for Merchant Exporter. Many entrepreneurs wonder if a fssai license is required for merchant exporters? This article will provide you with the answer.
What is FSSAI and FSSAI Registration?
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. It is an autonomous body that works for protecting and promoting public health through safety and standardization of food items. The FSSAI is able to do so through FSSAI Registration.
FSSAI Registration or License is a procedure through which FSSAI regulates FBOs (Food Business Operators) safeguards public health and ensures hygienic food. It’s a 14-digit registration number that gives the information about producer’s permit or enrollment subtle elements, and the assembling state.
Do Merchant Exporters need FSSAI Registration?
Yes, FSSAI Registration and following guidelines from FSSAI are mandatory for merchant exporters or any other exporter as well. In fact, it is not permissible to export food products that are not certified by FSSAI. In other words, merchant exporters cannot export their food items without FSSAI Registration or License.
The process to obtain FSSAI License involves three steps:
- Get Import Export Code.
- Register with DGFT.
- Obtain a License for that food item that you will export from the Central Licensing authority.
After finishing the steps listed above, you can apply for an FSSAI Export license. You may contact our FSSAI Registration experts at: 8881-069-069 to get FSSAI Registration without any hassle.
What is NOC for applying for FSSAI License for Merchant Exporter?
The FSSAI license application process requires a “no objection certificate” from all importers and exporters before they can submit their application. They cannot apply for an FSSAI export license without a valid NOC.
Document Requirement for NOC
- Documentation proving the country of origin.
- DGFT-issued importer exporter code (IEC).
- A FSSAI-compliant food establishment’s entry bill
- A final use statement that verifies the product in question was produced without the use of genetically modified ingredients.
Depending on the nature of the company’s imports and exports, additional paperwork may be necessary.
FSSAI Export Regulations
- Neither insects nor molds should be present in the food.
- Products should have a long storage life and have a healthy remaining shelf life at the time of clearance.
- Products should be packaged and labeled appropriately as per the Compliance with the FSS (Packaging & Labeling) Regulations, 2011.
Packaging Guidelines for FSSAI License for Merchant Exporters
When shipping food across international borders, it’s important to include all the pertinent details about the product and its ingredients on the package. The label or packaging material should have following:
- Nutritional data and details.
- Brand, company, or product name.
- Information on the product itself, including its constituents.
- Weight and volume of the contents.
- Labeling Text must comply with FSSAI (Packaging & Labeling) Regulations, 2011, as well as any additional labeling specifications for the individual product.
- Information about “Best Before” date. Gross weight. Symbols that indicate vegetarian or nonvegetarian status.
- Information on the exporter in India, including contact details.
- A wide variety of identifying numbers, including batch numbers, code numbers, barcode registration(if necessary), and lot numbers, are used.
FSSAI Registration or License is required for merchant exporters in India. If you wish to start a food export business or already have one and want FSSAI License, contact us at: 8881-069-069 or [email protected]
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.