As we know the ISO Certifications aims at rendering a global standard that spells out quality, environment, occupational health and safety, information security, and trust and the international standard that defines the necessity for a various standard like ISO Certification for Information Security and ISO 9001 Certification for Hand Sanitizer. In this blog, we will discuss the ISO 22000 certification for food safety management system and its benefits.
What is ISO 22000 for Food and Safety Management System?
ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System that can be implemented for any organization in the food chain, farm to fork. Becoming certified to ISO 22000 allows a company to confer their customers that they have a food safety management system in place. This equips customer confidence in the product. This is becoming more and more relevant as customers demand safe food and food processors need that ingredient obtained from their suppliers to be safe.
Benefits of ISO for Food Safety Management System
Each individual’s quality of life will benefit from the rules and regulations of ISO 22000 by the terms of the following:
- Essential quality jobs in the food industry
- Enhanced utilization of resources worldwide
- Improved company profits
- Potential increased economic extension
- Insurance for safer food
- The decrease in rates of foodborne disease
- More effective documentation of techniques, methods and procedures
WHY ISO 22000?
There is a vital need of ISO 22000 certification for Food Safety Management System. This means that you will have a documented system in place and fully executed throughout your facility that includes. Also, it is mandatory for the food operators to acquire FSSAI Registration
- Having an overall Food Safety Policy for your business, evolved by top management.
- Setting goals that will drive your company’s efforts to comply with this policy.
- Framing and designing a management system and documenting the system.
- Maintaining records of the performance of the food safety management system.
- Building a group of qualified individuals to make up a Food Safety Team.
- Defining communication methods to ensure effective communication with important contacts outside the company.
- Providing sufficient resources for the effective operation of the FSMS including appropriately trained and qualified personnel, sufficient infrastructure and appropriate work environment to ensure food safety.
If you require any further guidance as regards the ISO certification in India, please feel free to contact our business advisors at 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and never miss the latest updates relating to your business.