The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) was formed according to the Food Safety & Standards Act, of 2006. FSSAI registration/ license is a compulsory requirement for all FBOs( Food Business Operators). The registration process takes place on the platform. Know all about the FoSCoS FSSAI Registration process through this article.
What is the FoSCoS FSSAI registration?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India or FSSAI previously used an online application called Food Licensing and Registration System (FLRS) for its licensing and registration purposes. However, with the digital drive of the Indian Government, the demand for the application started growing. A more comprehensive platform was required to enable a total integration of FSSAI’s online application with all the other Government platforms. The FSSAI replaced the outdated Food Licensing and Registration system with a more modern and technologically advanced FoSCoS (Food Safety and Compliance System) online application. It helps you in having FSSAI Registration quickly and conveniently.
You can understand about FSSAI Registration through our detailed guides available at:
- Difference between FSSAI and FoSCos
- Understanding how the FSSAI Registration works
- All about FSSAI- Eligibility, Types, Annual Returns
The new license/FSSAI registration process on FoSCoS portal
- The person seeking the new license has to navigate to the FoSCoS page. The selections are very simple as they have to be made from the drop-down/ page list given on the website.
- The page has three options for businesses seeking a new license depending on the location of the food business..
- The FBO or Food Business Operator will then have to select the location of his business.
- The FBO will have to select the state in which he or she will conduct the business from the drop-down list. The FBO who wants to conduct business at railway premises will have to select the railway station in which he or she wants to conduct the business. The FBO who wants to conduct business at an airport/seaport will have to select the specific airport/ seaport from the dropdown list.
- After this, the FBO or Food Business operator will have to select the specific business that he or she will be conducting. The step is known as KoB. KoB on the FoSCoS website means “Kind of Business”.
- The food business operator or FBO will have to select from the given options. The options are manufacturer, trade/retail, food services, central Government agencies or head office. After selecting the appropriate option, the FBO or Food Business Operator will have to select the specific nature of his business from the given list under his chosen option. For example, the options under manufacturing are dairy units, vegetable oil and processing units, slaughtering units, meat processing units, fish and fish products, food or health supplements or nutraceuticals etc., general manufacturing, proprietary food, non-specified food and food ingredients, substances added to food, radiation processing of food, 100 percent export oriented units and exporter-manufacturer.
- Similarly, the FBO who wants to operate at either railway or airport/seaport will have to select the exact kind of business that he or she wants to operate from the given list of options.
- The FBO or Food business operator with a turnover of fewer than 12 lakhs will require an FSSAI FoSCoS Basic License. The FBO with a turnover of 12 lacs to 20 crores will require an FSSAI FoSCoS State License. The FBO with a turnover of more than 20 crores will require an FSSAI FoSCoS Central license.
- The dashboard provides all required information for existing users also.
Confused between FSSAI Registration and FSSAI License? Get the detailed information via reading our post at: Difference between FSSAI Registration vs Fssai License
Documents requirement for FSSAI Registration
The documents required for registration are the latest photograph, and a Government issued address proof of the business premises. Additionally, a Government issued photo-id proof such as Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Voter ID etc. is also required. For guidance on detailed document requirements for FSSAI Registration or document preparation, you can consult our FSSAI Registration Online experts at: 8881-069-069.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates reciting to your business.