As we know, every business founder should have a minimum of 3 kinds of presentations: a pitch deck for demo days, an investor deck, and a technical or sales deck. A pitch deck is a succinct presentation that provides potential investors or customers an overview of your business plan, products, services, and growth traction. However, most the entrepreneurs have confusion about pitch deck and investor deck. ” In this article, we will discuss the difference between pitch deck and investor deck in detail.
What is a Pitch Deck?
A pitch deck is a presentation that enables potential investors to learn more about your business. A pitch deck presentation usually consists of several slides that permit you to tell a compelling story about your business. You can put one together using a generic software like PowerPoint or use modern tools. Even if you are at seed funding round, you can use a Pitch Deck to get the funding.
Besides seeking investments, Pitch Decks also aim to find the co-founders or co-directors, and recruit top level executives. All the elements of a Pitch Deck are mentioned in order to spark the curiosity of the reader. Pitch decks can also be used to motivate your team.
What’s Included in a Pitch Deck Presentation?
There are several elements or key concepts included in a Pitch Deck Presentation. However, some essential points such as Roadmap Slide and Marketing Strategy are mentioned in every kind of pitch deck.
To learn more about what’s included in a Pitch Deck, you can visit:
- How to Build Your Seed Round Pitch Deck
- How to sell your story through your pitch deck in India
- What key concepts are needed in a pitch deck for a tech startup
You can also contact our Pitch Deck creation expert team at: 8881-069-069 and get free consultation.
What is an Investor Deck?
An investor deck is a more intricate demo day deck. These contain financial data and private product details and range in size from 10 to 20 slides. Along with pitching the investor your idea, you should also indicate how your product operates, offer risk reduction techniques, and show your financial projections. You combine storytelling with your business idea.
The investor deck aims to seek funding only. It’s created for the investors only. If you don’t know How to Ask Investors for Funding in India? Then you must know the Investor Pitch Deck is the best way to help investors in understanding your business and then seek funding. Importance of Investor Pitch Deck is significant and it is almost impossible to get funded.
Difference between Investor Deck and Pitch Deck
Unlike your pitch deck and investor, the deck permits you to inject far more emotion into your story. Great slides and powerful words will make your presentation far more compelling and memorable. One of the major differences is Pitch Deck is multipurpose. While the Investor Deck is solely focusing on seeking investment.
Understand the difference between pitch deck and investor deck through key points
Key Points of Pitch Deck
- Strengthens your live presentation
- Focuses on the issue, the special selling point, and how it stands out from the competition.
- Introduces the team, the market opportunity, and the upcoming plans
- Communicate your goals and stories in plain, understandable terms.
- Slides only include extremely basic information.
- For a group of viewers with no prior knowledge
Key Points of Investor Deck
- It can be read alone
- Introduces the issue and discusses the main selling point
- Focuses on the market potential and the startup’s advantage
- Focuses on the team and their pertinent experience
- Talks in detail about your go-to-market plan and describes your vision mostly in business terms
- For a viewer who is already familiar
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.