These days, registering your online food business with a food aggregator like Zomato, Swiggy, Food Panda, etc. is a must if you want to grow and beat the competition as a food business operator. The growth of the internet food industry, as well as the trend toward in-home deliveries, are also contributing factors to starting an online food business. If you also want to grow your business and shift to an online food business using Zomato, this article is for you. This article will help you understand the complete process to start a food business in Zomato.
Know about Zomato
Zomato is a restaurant search and discovery service founded in 2008. It provides information and reviews on restaurants, including images of menus where the restaurant does not have its own website. It also provides food delivery services in some countries. It operates in 24 countries.
So, if you are running a food business or wish to start a food business in India through which you can reach a large customer base, Zomato can be a good platform for you. Using Zomato, you will have to only cook the food and Zomato as your delivery partner will deliver your food items to the right destination.
Benefits of Using Zomato for your Food Business
- It improves the restaurant’s marketability and client base by making it more accessible and visible on its internet platform.
- Zomato’s ability to coordinate delivery for its registered eateries is a major perk for anybody running a meal delivery service online.
- Offers an Electronic System for Keeping Tabs on Catering Orders.
- Helps Restaurants Establish a Reputation for Their Brand.
- Finds New Restaurants for Customers. As a result, new customers will find your restaurant.
Prerequisites to start food business in Zomato
FSSAI Registration is the major and primary requirement to start a food business whether online or offline. The FSSAI regulates food business operators in India. Without having FSSAI Registration or FSSAI License, no one is allowed to have a food business in India.
It is a legal requirement in India and ignoring it will result in a penalty or even shut down of your business. Even if you have a small food business, you will need to get Fssai Registration For Petty Food Business.
Understand about FSSAI in detail through our PDF Guide: FSSAI Registration PDF
GST stands for Goods and Service Tax. GST Registration is the process through which businesses get a unique GSTIN so that they can collect the indirect taxes in India. In India, it is mandatory to have GST Registration Online through making an application to the GST Department. For food businesses wishing to start selling online on Zomato and other ecommerce platforms, the GST Registration is mandatory.
Understand about GST in detail through PDF Guide: GST Registration PDF
Company Registration is the process of registering with the Indian government and MCA(Ministry of Corporate Affairs). With company formation, you can limit your liability, get business loans, as well create brand image.
Understand about Company Registration in detail through our PDF Guide: Private Limited Company Incorporation PDF
Stepwise Process to start food business in Zomato
- Go to the Zomato for Business website (https://www.zomato.com/business) and click on the “Partner with us” button.
- Fill out the registration form with your restaurant’s information, including your name, email address, phone number, and restaurant name.
- Attach the required documents for registration such as food license, PAN and FSSAI certificate.
- Click on the “Submit” button to complete the registration process.
- Zomato will verify your information and contact you to discuss the next steps.
- Once your restaurant is verified, you will be given access to the Zomato Partner Portal where you can manage your restaurant’s menu, pricing, and other details.
- Start receiving orders from customers through the Zomato platform and track your sales and performance through the Partner Portal.
Advantages to onboard food business Zomato
Zomato, in a nutshell, is a fantastic, technology-driven platform open to all new restaurant owners who are looking to increase foot traffic and revenue. With the understanding of the above article, you can successfully start your Food Business in Zomato.
Download E-Startup Mobile App and Never miss the latest updates narrating to your business.