It is mandatory for exporters of scheduled products in India to get the APEDA RCMC Registration. The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Indian government in 1985. Through a variety of growth-focused policies and activities, this top government agency seeks to boost the export of agricultural goods. Therefore, having an APEDA Registration is beneficial for businesses in numerous ways. Let’s understand all about the APEDA RCMC Registration through this article.
What is APEDA?
APEDA or Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority is a government organisation that was founded with the intention of promoting and developing exports of items that are regarded as scheduled products under APEDA Act. As a result, APEDA is a body that offers funding, knowledge, and standards for the production of scheduled items. The central government establishes the rules and regulations governing the export of such scheduled items and executes the APEDA Act through this organisation.
What is APEDA RCMC Registration or APEDA Registration?
RCMC means registration cum membership certificate. Thus, APEDA RCMC Registration or APEDA Registration means registering your business with Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority for legal compliance and availment of the various benefits.
It is mandatory for all the exporters of Scheduled products to be registered with APEDA through APEDA Registration. Without having APEDA Registration, you can not commence the business of exporting scheduled products. The exporter must register with APEDA within the one month of commencing the business.
You can learn about APEDA RCMC Registration via visiting our other guides at: Procedure of APEDA Registration for Export of Agricultural Goods in India & Everything about APEDA (RCMC) Registration in India or You can also contact our APEDA Registration Consultants in India at: 8881-069-069.
What are the scheduled products under APEDA?
- Dairy Products
- Confectionery, Biscuits and Bakery Products
- Honey, Jaggery, and Sugar Products
- Meat and Meat Products
- Poultry and Poultry Products
- All types of Chocolates and Cocoa products
- Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
- Cereal and Cereal Products
- Groundnuts, Peanuts and Walnuts
- Pickle, Papad, and Chutney
- Guar Gum
- Floriculture and Floriculture Products
- Herbal and Medicinal Plants.
Important Note: APEDA also monitors the import of sugar in India.
Document Requirement for APEDA RCMC Registration in India
- A valid Import-Export Registration issued by DGFT
- Signed Certificate from a Bank
- Duly signed and filled Application form
- Bank Statement of not older than 2 Months
- GST Registration & Cancelled Bank Cheque
- FSSAI Registration
You can get the detailed document requirement for APEDA Registration as per your business through writing to us at: [email protected] or you can also download our mobile app (E-Startup – Business Registration & Consult CA App – Apps on Google Play) to get free consultation for document requirement and document preparation for RCMC Registration.
Validity period of APEDA RCMC Registration Certificate
APEDA RCMC Registration Certificate is valid forfive years. After the completion of five years, exporters need to apply for auto-renewal of APEDA Registration through paying the fees.
Advantages of APEDA Registration
- Exporters registered as members through RCMC Registration can avail several government schemes and Benefits of APEDA Financial Assistance scheme . For example,
- Kisan Sampda Yojna
- Food Processing Funds of NABARD
- Food Export Promotion Scheme
- Helps in becoming the permanent member of the APEDA Directory. Understand this at: How to check APEDA list of exporters in India?
- APEDA organises various virtual as well as offline trade fairs. Participating in these trade fairs allows businesses to showcase their products and build a solid image in the market.
- APEDA Registration Certificate boosts the brand value.
- It enables you to avail the various financial support schemes and get the training for improving your processes and products.
Can APEDA Registration be Cancelled?
Yes, it is possible to get your APEDA RCMC Registration cancelled. The APEDA Registration might be cancelled in the following cases:
- Wrong Information given for registering under APEDA
- The business does not comply with APEDA’s rules and regulations or disobeys the terms and conditions of APEDA Registration Certificate.
- Exporters don’t commence the business of exporting scheduled products within a year.
Understand that APEDA registration is required for exporting agricultural products that are regarded as scheduled as per the APEDA Act. After registering with this top authority, your business is eligible for a variety of financial-focused schemes and other advantages. Besides, APEDA offers exporters advantages including brand promotion through advertising, database updating, package creation, surveys, etc. For further information or query resolution, you can contact our APEDA Registration Experts at 8881-069-069.